PDA

View Full Version : JBL Question

Cactus Bob
January 14th, 2005, 08:51 PM
I have a 95 Town Car Cartier model and it has a JBL radio with cassette player without CD controls or CD changer in the trunk ( it sayís JBL on the cassette door) and I would like to upgrade it to the one with CD controls. I all ready seem to have the good speakers and the sub woofer with amp. Will I need to change the radio unit in the trunk as well as the one in the dash?
Part #ís for the equipment needed would be very helpful.

The Part #ís for the equipment I have are as follows
RU unit F5VF-18C851-BD
Rear Speakers FIVF-19A068-AB
Rear Amp F5VF-19B176-AA
Subwoofer PF5VF-19A68-BA
Control unit have not removed no CD controls

Thanks in advance for your replies
Bob
:D :D

pro-five-oh
January 15th, 2005, 09:16 AM
I believe you will also need the CD changer wiring for this to work. This is the stuff that connects the head unit to the changer in the trunk.

I had a link for a nice stereo remanufacturer who sells Ford stereos, they also had the wiring in question. (I think) Lemme see if I can dig it up.

DaKat
January 15th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Try the LINKS page ;)

pepsi2185
January 15th, 2005, 02:50 PM
I believe the cartier would already have the wiring. When we used to install CD changers from neo that plug into the factory wiring, we were told as long as there is a CD changer button on the display there should be a harness for the changer. On that vehicle i believe it is in the drivers side of the trunk. I will check into plug location and try to get you a better answer.

You got pics of that cartier??????!!