PDA

View Full Version : drivers seat issues

annasdad
July 5th, 2014, 09:46 PM
I recently purchased an 01 Continental with 140k. I love the power and luxury of this car!

The driver's seat will not move. The power switches on the drivers door appear to be dead. The power trunk release and the fuel door release don't work either. Nor does the switch on the drivers door to operate the power mirrors.

I have checked a couple of the main fuses and there do not appear to be any that are burned out.

Can anybody advise? It seems odd that all of these problems would be random, since they all originate from the drivers door. Any insights from more experienced Continental owners?

Thanks

markedman90
July 5th, 2014, 11:52 PM
1st, welcome to the site. I hope your expectations about your car will eventually be met.
2nd, the '01 is FAR FAR from my area of experience, but I think that if you could pull the switch panel from the door, find the largest red wire in the group and make sure you have power to it in various conditions (door open, closed, moving in between etc.), it may be a place to start.
The wires to the ds door get flexed more than any others, and it's possible all that use has caused a failure in that feed.