LincolnsOnLine.com

Home Forum Links Tech Rides Power Tour Gallery
Go Back   Lincolns OnLine Message Forum > General Topics > Lincoln Lounge
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old September 10th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Lincaholic

macaroni has a spectacular aura aboutmacaroni has a spectacular aura aboutmacaroni has a spectacular aura about
Ready to bug out if needed....

I am hunkered down and boarded up waiting for Irma.. but i think cars are safer on the road as i have big oaks in my yard.. and i will take the 97, load the pets and my bug out bag if i sustain damage to the house.. btw 97 needs another regulator frt pass side, had two break on me in only a few window cycles, adjusted/greased and everything, Rock auto is aware of the problem, and after storm i will be doing a warranty return.
https://imgur.com/a/lEAV5

Last edited by macaroni; September 10th, 2017 at 11:31 AM.
Old September 10th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Lincoln less but not out

TheBossII will become famous soon enoughTheBossII will become famous soon enough
Good luck and stay safe. Glad where i live i don't have to deal with hurricanes. Just flooding at the start of the year and tons of smoke in the other half.
Old September 10th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Lincaholic

dave42 is a jewel in the roughdave42 is a jewel in the roughdave42 is a jewel in the roughdave42 is a jewel in the rough
Best of luck!

2003 Limited 140K
1995 Signature 290K RIP
Old September 10th, 2017, 06:22 PM
Lincaholic

macaroni has a spectacular aura aboutmacaroni has a spectacular aura aboutmacaroni has a spectacular aura about
Thanks, i am not in an evac zone, but concerned about winds/large trees, but committed to stay now, winds gusting as we speak.
Old September 10th, 2017, 08:29 PM
1995 Cartier

Newave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant future
So Macky, would you say 97 Town Cars are safe to Cat4 or 5? Stay safe my friend.

Old September 11th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Lincaholic

PDXTC will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroni View Post
... and i will take the 97
You chose the right one. Stay safe.
1984 Town Car (Gone)
1980 MK VI Emilio Pucci (Gone)
1995 MK VIII (Gone)
1996 Town Car Signature (Current)
Old September 14th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Lincaholic

well just now got internet back, electricity was off for 2.5 days and i lost my back fence(but it was old anyway) but it could have been a lot worse so i am thankful for that...time to get that regulator replaced after i get the house/yard cleaned up.
Old September 14th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Lincaholic

dave42 is a jewel in the roughdave42 is a jewel in the roughdave42 is a jewel in the roughdave42 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
well just now got internet back, electricity was off for 2.5 days and i lost my back fence(but it was old anyway) but it could have been a lot worse so i am thankful for that...time to get that regulator replaced after i get the house/yard cleaned up.
Glad to hear you came through okay.

2003 Limited 140K
1995 Signature 290K RIP
Old September 14th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Lincaholic

padroo will become famous soon enough
Glad you are safe but how do you survive 2.5 days without the internet? lol
Old September 14th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Lincaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by padroo View Post
Glad you are safe but how do you survive 2.5 days without the internet? lol
actually had no internet for 5 days, but i did get a cell signal back after 3 days, so i used my phone.Like i said we got lucky, wasnt much rain so a lot of people in low areas were very lucky, there was around 500k in this area w/o power, lots still have no power.
Old September 14th, 2017, 07:16 PM
1995 Cartier

Newave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant future
Macky, I attribute your 'luck" to the good karma that you throw around coming back at you.

Old September 15th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Lincaholic

Michael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newave Dave View Post
Macky, I attribute your 'luck" to the good karma that you throw around coming back at you.

Stay cool.
91 LSC/SE, Electric Red Currant
88 Mazda MX6 GT
Lead or Follow, But Stay outa the Way
Old September 15th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Lincaholic

Quote:
Awe thanks Dave, that stiff upper lip and all ... i try(or am very trying, never know which one..lol)

Last edited by macaroni; September 15th, 2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old September 15th, 2017, 06:16 PM
1995 Cartier

So Macky, Would it be a wise thing not to be looking for Townies on the Florida Craigslist for a while?

Old September 15th, 2017, 10:23 PM
Lincaholic

Quote:
So Macky, Would it be a wise thing not to be looking for Townies on the Florida Craigslist for a while?
I was thinking the exact same thing! Need to start looking for flood damage on those now.

2003 Limited 140K
1995 Signature 290K RIP
Old September 17th, 2017, 08:26 AM
Lincaholic

Quote:
We actually had less rain during Irma than we do during a "normal" summer storm/tropical depression, the wind caused all the damage, power outages and downed trees etc. I would be concerned about cars from Texas after Harvey went through to be honest.
Old September 20th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Lincaholic

Michael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
We actually had less rain during Irma than we do during a "normal" summer storm/tropical depression, the wind caused all the damage, power outages and downed trees etc. I would be concerned about cars from Texas after Harvey went through to be honest.
Did a little search to see what kinda depreciation vehicles get and it came back at less than I expected.

Years back I looked into buying a loaded out low mile Tahoe when gas prices went up. They had a pair below market value. The best flood research I could come up with was the tagging was in a area suspected of flooding years before. That Houston dealer said My finance company ( Wells or Capital ( a promo low interest car loan)) would not do business with them. So I didn't buy the plane ticket.
91 LSC/SE, Electric Red Currant
88 Mazda MX6 GT
Lead or Follow, But Stay outa the Way