LincolnsOnLine.com

Home Forum Links Tech Rides Power Tour Gallery
Go Back   Lincolns OnLine Message Forum > Hot Rod Lincolns > Zephyr / MKZ / MKX (Nautilus)
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 8th, 2021, 06:41 PM
2014 Lincoln Navigator

mark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud of
Mkzh brake service

Since I?m in my mid 70?s and have lots of titanium in me, my days of heavy maintenance is over. My wife purchased new 2014 MKZH that I really do not like. We live in Arizona where it?s dry and hot. I wanted to remove the tires to clean the calipers, brake pads guides + system flush at 051,200 miles. But didn?t feeling like hurting my arms and back again. So I took it to a local brake shop. Just hearing the mileage, they said most likely it?s a brake pad issue. The cost to clean the calipers and pad tracks wasn?t worth the cost. So I went for a full brake job with new pads, rotors slightly turned due to a sticking pad and a brake flush. They showed me the brake pads and there was about 30,000+ miles of life remaining. All the guides were dry and dirty just like my Navigator. They said it?s rare to see that mileage with great pads. How I miss the preventive maintenance I use to do! I wonder how long others brake pads last?