LincolnsOnLine.com

Home Forum Links Tech Rides Power Tour Gallery
Go Back   Lincolns OnLine Message Forum > Hot Rod Lincolns > Town Car > 1980 - 1989 Town Car
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old November 23rd, 2021, 02:42 PM

Stabin_MeGroin is on a distinguished road
Im stupid and need help lol

My 89 TC is low on power steering fluid and i have no idea where to add it. help me lol. new to the group and cant find the search button like i said im half human half retarded.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 03:29 PM
Administrator

DaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome!
Let's move your question to the correct section of the Town Car forum and see if you don't have a better chance for some replies.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 04:14 PM
Lincaholic

joegr will become famous soon enough
So, how do you know that the problem is low fluid if you haven't even found the reservoir to check the fluid level?
Wasn't the reservoir still on the back of the power steering pump on the 89s?
Ford usually wants ATF added to the power steering, instead of "power steering fluid."
Old November 23rd, 2021, 05:49 PM
Box Mod

gadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond repute
Driver's side, front of the engine, directly below the alternator. If you look at the belt, the pump is the lower thing that it drives. Reservoir is part of the pump, look for the large round pipe sticking off the back, behind and below the alternator. remove the cap and the dipstick is attached.

These want Type F transmission fluid.

1991 Mark VII LSC

1984 Continental Turbo Diesel
Old November 23rd, 2021, 06:06 PM
1995 Cartier

Newave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant futureNewave Dave has a brilliant future
You need a big long funnel to add the fluid.

Old November 23rd, 2021, 06:22 PM
Box Mod

gadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond repute
was about to say something then I remembered what that stupid stock air cleaner assembly looks like. Yeah you probably do need one with that there. Mine has been gone for a very long time.

1991 Mark VII LSC

Old November 30th, 2021, 10:45 AM

Stabin_MeGroin is on a distinguished road
thanks

u guys r the best thanks for having the knowledge i lack
Old December 2nd, 2021, 07:09 PM
Box Mod

The problem is this knowledge comes painfully. I've had mine since 2004 and have fixed almost everything at least once at this point.

1991 Mark VII LSC