LincolnsOnLine.com

Home Forum Links Tech Rides Power Tour Gallery
Go Back   Lincolns OnLine Message Forum > Hot Rod Lincolns > Continental > 1995 - 2002 Continental
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 19th, 2021, 09:25 AM

jkwilson13 is on a distinguished road
1995 Lincoln Continental not getting fuel

I have a 1995 Lincoln Continental that isnt getting fuel. I have power to the FPDM on the white wire only. Is this a bad FPDM or is it not getting signal from the computer? What wires should have power coming in and what wires should have power going out? If this is the fpdm that is bad, is there a way to bypass it because the part is impossible to find.
Old February 19th, 2021, 06:52 PM
Dibly74

Dibly74 has a spectacular aura aboutDibly74 has a spectacular aura about
Testing the fuel pump driver module is easy. Itís as easy as checking for voltage at the pump connector itself. Iím 99% sure you have a bad driver module. And am amazed that you have a 95 that just had it go out. The 95ís had thru mount components on the boards of the module. And the caps would leak acid when they got old and wear the traces off of the boards. The good new is that same driver module was used in quite a few things. And the continental used the same module from 95 to 02. And the better news is that the newer models used surface mounted components that are not acid filled. Which means the newer modules wonít go out. There is a module for a 99 on eBay right now. I know the Mark VIII used the same module as well. I had mine go out back in 05. I put a used one from a newer model from the junk yard in it and itís been fine since. And itís mounted to the back of the back seat support on the trunk side.
Old February 20th, 2021, 06:34 AM

thanks for the reply Dibly74. Can you post a link to the fpdm that you found on ebay? the only one i can find is for the newer models that has the 4 pin connector. I love my 95. Everything still works great. Even the factory CD changer.
Old February 20th, 2021, 06:37 PM
Dibly74

Here now go. Unfortunately they want 100 dollars for it. But when you gotta have it, you gotta have it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/95-99-Linco...wAAOSwWZlf4MwJ
Old February 20th, 2021, 07:47 PM

Iit turns out that the fpdm is not bad. The black wire that is supposed to have constant power with switch on or off, had no power. i used a jumper wire and it runs perfect. Now i just have to find the break in the wire
Old February 21st, 2021, 10:02 AM
Dibly74

Heck, thatís a new one on me. And Iíve been dealing with these cars for a while. But I know the wire harness in these cars had issues from the factory. 95 had the wires to short to the front wheel air solenoids. The wires should get stretched and short out. It happened on mine and the dealer did the ďfixĒ. And Iíve had issues with wires and the casing coming off under the hood. Never any problems in the car that I can recall.