LincolnsOnLine.com

Home Forum Links Tech Rides Power Tour Gallery
Go Back   Lincolns OnLine Message Forum > Hot Rod Lincolns > Mark VII
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 13th, 2018, 09:39 PM

W.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to behold
Tfrunk pulldown, not!

Three guesses why the trunk pulldown finally failed; and the first two don't count. Trust in thorough visual inspections.
W. V. Kelly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4202.jpg (61.6 KB, 20 views)
Old February 14th, 2018, 10:34 AM
Tech Writer

LithiumCobalt has a brilliant futureLithiumCobalt has a brilliant futureLithiumCobalt has a brilliant futureLithiumCobalt has a brilliant futureLithiumCobalt has a brilliant futureLithiumCobalt has a brilliant futureLithiumCobalt has a brilliant futureLithiumCobalt has a brilliant futureLithiumCobalt has a brilliant futureLithiumCobalt has a brilliant futureLithiumCobalt has a brilliant future
Had same problem with my 87 Town Car. See post 60: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/...ick%3Bs&page=2

Current: 2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4, 1967 Continental sedan
Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 LTC Cartier, 1996 LTC DAE, 1996 LTC Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2004 LTC Ultimate, 2010 MKZ AWD Ultimate
Old February 14th, 2018, 07:11 PM
Box Mod

gadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond repute
Lopped off at the second knuckle it looks like.

On my list of spare parts to harvest is a few of those trunk muncher units. I've got 3 cars that use them and not single spare part for any of it. I know I'm going to lose a switch eventually.

91 LSC SE, triple black, lots of miles

1984 Continental Turbo Diesel, lots of lunacy
Old February 15th, 2018, 09:28 AM

W.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to behold
A spare is definitely a good idea for you with three candidates. There's lots of commonality in these; even brand "C" uses the same units. When testing remember that it's a two way switch. Don't look for continuity between the red and brown wires but between each wire and the mounting ferule (ground).
Good hunting,
W. V. Kelly
Old February 19th, 2018, 10:24 PM
Luxury Sports Coupe

PeteyWheat is on a distinguished road
It must be the season for the trunk switches to go out because mine went out back on the 15th of this month. I will be on the hunt for a replacement at the car grave yard.

Last edited by PeteyWheat; February 19th, 2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old February 19th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Box Mod

gadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond repute
The only difference between the various units seems to be the shape of the hoop for the upper latch. I know the Towncar one is not the same as the Mark VII one. I haven't studied the Mark VII vs the Continental to see if they are the same. I presume the Caddy ones also may have a different hoop.

91 LSC SE, triple black, lots of miles

1984 Continental Turbo Diesel, lots of lunacy