LincolnsOnLine.com

Home Forum Links Tech Rides Power Tour Gallery
Go Back   Lincolns OnLine Message Forum > Hot Rod Lincolns > Lincoln Truck
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 31st, 2020, 12:06 AM

towncar95 has a spectacular aura abouttowncar95 has a spectacular aura abouttowncar95 has a spectacular aura about
blackwood ??

i saw a lincoln blackwood today , i think ...... it didnt have the pinstripes .is it still a blackwood? went past me at a traffic light so i couldnt get a picture , but it was nice .
non 1984 cougar
gone 1989 continental
Old November 1st, 2020, 04:48 PM
Lincaholic

TobyU is a jewel in the roughTobyU is a jewel in the roughTobyU is a jewel in the rough
I think they all had the stripes. I thought they were stainless inserts??

A local friend of mine had one of only 2 or 3 Blackwood limo stretches ever built.
It was his pride and joy!!!
It as still black of course and stretched 140 inches IIRC. 12 passengers in the rear.
He put 22s or 24s on it and had the black power bed cover on remote with flat screen hanging from it as you raised it.
He had neon kit under it and strobes!!! He would pull up to the local outdoor mall/shopping center in front of the movie theater and with light show and tv playing and blasting WALK THIS WAY bu Run DMC.
....Goog times!!!!

He sold it to the lead singer or a band in Terra Haute or maybe Indianapolis back around 2013.

Last edited by TobyU; November 1st, 2020 at 04:54 PM.
Old November 1st, 2020, 05:40 PM
Box Mod

gadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond repute
may have been removed or maybe its a Ford bed. They all had the bed woodgrain and inserts so far as I know. People kind of laughed at them for not being a "real truck" with that bed cover and the carpet, but honestly I think Lincoln was ahead of the game in knowing how most people actually (don't) use trucks now.

1991 Mark VII LSC

1984 Continental Turbo Diesel
Old November 1st, 2020, 07:38 PM
Lincaholic

TobyU is a jewel in the roughTobyU is a jewel in the roughTobyU is a jewel in the rough
Here is the link to the video my friends blackwood limo was in.
I worked on all of these limos you see in this video and was with him on the road trips to pick up most of them and many more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCKq57S3Jjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCKq57S3Jjo
Old November 1st, 2020, 09:47 PM

towncar95 has a spectacular aura abouttowncar95 has a spectacular aura abouttowncar95 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
may have been removed or maybe its a Ford bed. They all had the bed woodgrain and inserts so far as I know. People kind of laughed at them for not being a "real truck" with that bed cover and the carpet, but honestly I think Lincoln was ahead of the game in knowing how most people actually (don't) use trucks now.
when you said ford bed I knew , I forgot about the Lincoln mark lt .. I agree with you gadget on the truck use .. and also I will say Lincoln had a nice truck, don't know why they didn't sell but the marl lt is nice
non 1984 cougar
gone 1989 continental
Old November 3rd, 2020, 07:37 PM
Lincaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by towncar95 View Post
when you said ford bed I knew , I forgot about the Lincoln mark lt .. I agree with you gadget on the truck use .. and also I will say Lincoln had a nice truck, don't know why they didn't sell but the marl lt is nice
Sometimes the timing is not right. Don't they say timing is everything?

I think the Blackwood was prob too overpriced at the time compared to other trucks and the LT maybe not so much in comparison but I haven't looked at the actual numbers.

Also, weren't all blackwoods black? LT's came in various colors.
Some people WILL NOT buy a black vehicle.

Could just be timing.

I witnessed this in the limo/party bus industry.
Different regions in the country can vary things greatly but I saw a guy 55 miles away from me in Cincinnati, OH have a party bus in 94 or 95. Called it LimBUSine or some catchy wordplay like that.

I don't think it panned out to well for him as he seemed to disappear in a few short years. I think he prob had low volume and got frustrated and sold it.

Fast forward to 2004-2005 and the party buses came on strong and took over.
People were resistant to use for weddings at first but then they were ok with them.
The surge may have been due to wedding parties had been getting larger and larger over the years with almost all having a minimum of 10-12 in them or the fact that people didn't want to find 8-10 friends that had to pay $50-60 each to go out for the night in a limo.
They wanted to pack 18-22 people on a bus and only have to pay20-30 each.

Prob more reasons too, but my point is THIS GUY was a PIONEER that was ahead of his time!!! But no one wanted it.
He would have made a killing it he'd waited 10 years.

They always say the pioneers and early adopters pay the price and suffer the growing pains....

The blackwood.....is that what we were talking about??? was maybe too fancy at the time, but in a few years, most truck interiors looked like a navigator or king ranch.

I see zero reason (and several negatives) to buy a Navigator over an Expedition or an Escalade over a black suburban with black leather. You can switch the emblems and grill if you want vanity but they are all overly fancy.