LincolnsOnLine.com

Home Forum Links Tech Rides Power Tour Gallery
Go Back   Lincolns OnLine Message Forum > General Topics > Lincoln Lounge
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old January 20th, 2021, 11:29 PM

W.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud of
How's the weather where you are?

Today's surface analysis from NOAA.
W. V. Kelly
Attached Images
File Type: gif 90fwbg.gif (40.8 KB, 16 views)
Old January 20th, 2021, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

Dereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Hi W.V. Kelly

Currently (at 5am) there is a little rain about, 41 degrees and a gusty 20mph westerly breeze

Regards

Dereck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 4.55.48 am.jpg (52.5 KB, 12 views)

They eat cheap batteries like Dereck eats Little Debbies. - LSRX101
Old January 21st, 2021, 12:28 PM

W.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud of
Curiously, we saw a very similar picture last night on NHK news. The highlights were a front across the UK and northern Europe and a typhoon crossing the Mozambique channel.

The program originates in Tokyo and has a South African meteorologist (Tsietse Monare) with distinctly tribal style hair who discusses worldwide weather. So much better than our local TV weather people (mostly pretty girls) who parade back and forth across the green screen waving arms and repeating words and numbers that are already displayed on the screen.
Stay dry,
W. V. Kelly
Old January 21st, 2021, 01:07 PM

towncar95 has a spectacular aura abouttowncar95 has a spectacular aura abouttowncar95 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.V. Kelly View Post
Today's surface analysis from NOAA.
W. V. Kelly
that makes me dizzy 🤣
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 1.06.43 PM.jpg (40.3 KB, 14 views)
non 1984 cougar
gone 1989 continental
Old January 22nd, 2021, 11:04 AM

Downright toasty there in NJ.
W. V. Kelly
Old January 22nd, 2021, 12:30 PM
lincolnless

hrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to behold
i'm right toasty compared to what i should have.
it's been above freezing here everyday since before christmas.
essentially no snow to speak of.
that's finally changing throuigh the next week, but still just to the average.
usually a few cold spells by now dropping well below -20C.
3 days ago it was 10C and 100kmh winds.
just finally put the ice/snow radials on last week.
warmest winter i remember ever here.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 01:52 PM
Lincaholic

dave42 is just really nicedave42 is just really nicedave42 is just really nicedave42 is just really nice
76 F and partly cloudy in central Texas.

2003 Limited 190K
1995 Signature 290K RIP
Old January 22nd, 2021, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Dereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Some rain for a change

Hi Guys

Well at the time of posting (7:35pm) there is a little rain in the area for a change, 40 degrees, 17mph WNW breeze (gusting to 24mph) with 88% humidity and a dew point of 37 degrees

Regards

Dereck

Old January 23rd, 2021, 12:16 AM

towncar95 has a spectacular aura abouttowncar95 has a spectacular aura abouttowncar95 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereck View Post
Hi Guys

Well at the time of posting (7:35pm) there is a little rain in the area for a change, 40 degrees, 17mph WNW breeze (gusting to 24mph) with 88% humidity and a dew point of 37 degrees

Regards

Dereck
sometimes you would post pictures of cars floating out to sea or stuck in the mud/sand any more of those goodies?
non 1984 cougar
gone 1989 continental
Old January 23rd, 2021, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Downright toasty there in NJ.
W. V. Kelly
id rather be in southern california though , not that the cold bothers me i like it, but i have never been to california ,it would be nice to see
non 1984 cougar
gone 1989 continental
Old January 23rd, 2021, 12:48 AM

That's a neat map. I didn't realize that you were not closer to the head of the channel. You're right across the water from that cheese place.
W. V. Kelly
Old January 23rd, 2021, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by towncar95 View Post
id rather be in southern california though , not that the cold bothers me i like it, but i have never been to california ,it would be nice to see
When you do visit be sure to look us up. We'll show you all the hot spots, both of them.
W. V. Kelly
Old January 23rd, 2021, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

Hi Towncar95

Quote:
Originally Posted by towncar95 View Post
sometimes you would post pictures of cars floating out to sea or stuck in the mud/sand any more of those goodies?
Happens all the time I just thought everyone would be bored of it by now, I will see if there are any recents ones later although our dickhead council has closed the access to the beach for cars because of Covid-19, I didn't realise cars could spread the bug.

Hi W.V Kelly

Quote:
That's a neat map. I didn't realize that you were not closer to the head of the channel. You're right across the water from that cheese place.
W. V. Kelly
Cheese place? Oh Caerphilly, we are actually across from Barry and there used to be a ferry to cross the channel.

We are just about at the point where the Bristol Channel becomes the Severn Estuary on the edge of Bridgwater Bay

Anyway todays weather.

Not much rain today hardly surprising as I woke up to quite a stiff frost, couldn't open the car door as all the rain yesterday had frozen it shut. Currently (at 7:32am) 28 degrees, rising to around 40 degrees later, light 4mph Northernly wind, a light misty fog in the air.

Regards

Dereck

Last edited by Dereck; January 23rd, 2021 at 02:40 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2021, 12:17 PM
Lincaholic

Captain O will become famous soon enough
It is cold in Northwest Oregon and Southwest Washington. I hope that it doesn't stay this way. I long to drive my Lincoln TC the 1150 mile trek to Tijuana, Baja California Norte, Mexico.

Last edited by Captain O; January 23rd, 2021 at 12:20 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2021, 02:20 PM
lincolnless

hrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to behold
what a difference a day makes. high of -18C/0F and 3cm/1"+ of snow.
was 3C/38F and sunny yesterday.
colds finally coming to stay for a bit.
time to hibernate for a week or 2.
Old January 24th, 2021, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmwrm View Post
i'm right toasty compared to what i should have.
it's been above freezing here everyday since before christmas.
essentially no snow to speak of.
that's finally changing throuigh the next week, but still just to the average.
usually a few cold spells by now dropping well below -20C.
3 days ago it was 10C and 100kmh winds.
just finally put the ice/snow radials on last week.
warmest winter i remember ever here.
snow would be nice , i like it , even the cold

whats Celsius and KMH oh my car has the switch for that, one day i must have hit it and didnt realize when i looked i was going 120 kms

one time i had to rent a car it was from enterprise, it had Canadian plates, it also had a speedometer that only was in kilometres, enterprise told me it was a one way rental . must have been deep in Canada , i thought all cars had both this one didnt , it was cool
non 1984 cougar
gone 1989 continental
Old January 24th, 2021, 06:33 AM

Quote:
When you do visit be sure to look us up. We'll show you all the hot spots, both of them.
W. V. Kelly
thanks !! you would see my car too ! i would drive it anywhere
non 1984 cougar
gone 1989 continental
Old January 24th, 2021, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Hi Towncar95

Happens all the time I just thought everyone would be bored of it by now, I will see if there are any recents ones later although our dickhead council has closed the access to the beach for cars because of Covid-19, I didn't realise cars could spread the bug.

Hi W.V Kelly

Cheese place? Oh Caerphilly, we are actually across from Barry and there used to be a ferry to cross the channel.

We are just about at the point where the Bristol Channel becomes the Severn Estuary on the edge of Bridgwater Bay

Anyway todays weather.

Not much rain today hardly surprising as I woke up to quite a stiff frost, couldn't open the car door as all the rain yesterday had frozen it shut. Currently (at 7:32am) 28 degrees, rising to around 40 degrees later, light 4mph Northernly wind, a light misty fog in the air.

Regards

Dereck
thats called a SMART car 🤣

we have SMART shields at all the stores checkouts. now you got me going 🤣 🤣 🤣
non 1984 cougar
gone 1989 continental

Last edited by Dereck; January 24th, 2021 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Reinstate "Quote"
Old January 24th, 2021, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Smile Snow! Surely it can't be so.

Hi Guys

Well here is a turn up for the books, snow! Looked out the window at 5am and it was snowing, as usual though it didn't last long

5am

9am

1pm

So today's weather

I awoke to 30 degrees and snow now at 1:15pm as you can see from the radar picture above we have rain, it's 37 degrees with a light 5mph ESE breeze, rain will ease off in a couple hours with the wind picking up to a gusty 15mph from the NW, temperature is going to remain at 37 degrees before slowly dropping overnight to a low of 30 degrees by 6am tomorrow morning

Regards

Dereck

Old January 24th, 2021, 10:02 PM

Not nearly as interesting as your weather. This is a new format for our radar and I haven't yet been able to invoke the animation. The irregular areas you recognize as the radar return; the angular colored patches (pink or violet for example) are various watches, warnings and advisories.
W. V. Kelly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24JANRADAR.jpg (55.2 KB, 7 views)
Old January 27th, 2021, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Smile Cloudy and miserable - Suits my personality

Hi Guys

View from the workshop doorway just after 3pm today

As you can see in the picture it's cloudy and miserable here in the U.K, weather wench said it was going to be 48 degrees but I think she lied, feels more like 30 degrees, virtually no wind at the moment but I think that will pick up a little in a couple hours when some heavy rain is due to set in for the night

Regards

Dereck

Old January 28th, 2021, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Smile I am in there somewhere!

Hi Guys

I am in there somewhere in the middle of this picture under all that rain

Currently (8pm) we have rain for the next few hours easing off before having another go around 6am tomorrow morning, temperature is remaining fairly static rating from 46 - 50 degrees for the next 36 hours, wind is picking up to around 34mph with 50mph gusts and swinging WSW to WNW.

Regards

Dereck

Old January 28th, 2021, 04:58 PM
Administrator

DaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
we have rain
Note my shock and amazement at this news.
Old January 28th, 2021, 05:08 PM
...always flying too high!

Icarus has a spectacular aura aboutIcarus has a spectacular aura aboutIcarus has a spectacular aura about
Found the car finally!

I hope everyone is well and safe

Uncovered the BBQ too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carsnow.jpg (24.6 KB, 49 views)

Sold: 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
4.6L DOHC; meter4it.com custom chase/sequential tail lights; 20" Giovanna Dalars; 4.30 gears; FRPP Track-Lok; SCT tuned; Baumann ReCal; Addco bars; Cobra brakes...

Sold: 1986 and 1988 Lincoln Mark VII. 1995 Mark VIII.

Always flying too close to the sun!

Last edited by Icarus; January 28th, 2021 at 05:12 PM.
Old January 28th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Administrator

DaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond repute
Egads!