LincolnsOnLine.com

Home Forum Links Tech Rides Power Tour Gallery
Go Back   Lincolns OnLine Message Forum > General Topics > Lincoln Lounge
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old July 17th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Lincaholic

Hizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy We lost another of our own :-(

I'm sad to have to report that our friend and long time contributor to LoL, Art Bailey, Jr. passed away last night. Prayers and healing thoughts go out to his wife Kathy and their family. Art was one of a kind and he will be sadly sadly missed.
Old July 17th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Dereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond repute
Hi

Oh no! That is very sad news indeed.

Jane and myself had the pleasure of meeting Art at a Lincoln Mark vii cruise and can say he was one of the nicest guys I've ever had the priviledge of knowing our hearts go out to Kathy in this time of sorrow, Art will be fondly remembered.

Dereck & Jane

They eat cheap batteries like Dereck eats Little Debbies. - LSRX101
Old July 17th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Lincaholic

Michael VII LSC/SE is a name known to allMichael VII LSC/SE is a name known to allMichael VII LSC/SE is a name known to allMichael VII LSC/SE is a name known to allMichael VII LSC/SE is a name known to allMichael VII LSC/SE is a name known to all
Art will be missed.

He was patient, knowledgeable and detailed in his explanations. His input and knowledge base will be missed. I would have loved to have gotten under the hood with him.

91 LSC/SE, Electric Red Currant
88 Mazda MX6 GT
97 C2500HD extra-cab Mediterranean Blue -2nd driver
Lead or Follow, But Stay outa the Way
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:08 PM
That Moderator

OneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond repute
The Car Enthusiast world has lost a great one. Art enjoyed his Mark VII's ( I think he has like 12?), working on them and modifying them. He shared his knowledge with everyone, writing many how-to's, mostly on the Mark VII web site. His wife Kat (actually Kathy, not our administrator DaKat) shared his automotive hobby, as they frequently attended car shows, cruises, and junk yard runs together.

I met Art and Kat many years ago at a Bob's Big Boy in Glendale, CA where they held many club meets. He was genuinely friendly and a great guy to hang out with. Don't know if he ever had a career in broadcasting, but I will always remember he had the smoothest voice, like a disc jockey.

He was featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines along with one of his black Mark VII LSC SE's. I still have the magazine here somewhere. One of his photo is featured in Michael VII LSC/SE's post.

Godspeed my old friend. Angels in heaven are awaiting their 5-speed conversion.
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:40 PM
2014 Lincoln Navigator

mark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud of
R.i.p.
Old July 17th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Lincaholic

Hizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond reputeHizhonor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayStreet View Post
The Car Enthusiast world has lost a great one. Art enjoyed his Mark VII's ( I think he has like 12?), working on them and modifying them. He shared his knowledge with everyone, writing many how-to's, mostly on the Mark VII web site. His wife Kat (actually Kathy, not our administrator DaKat) shared his automotive hobby, as they frequently attended car shows, cruises, and junk yard runs together.

I met Art and Kat many years ago at a Bob's Big Boy in Glendale, CA where they held many club meets. He was genuinely friendly and a great guy to hang out with. Don't know if he ever had a career in broadcasting, but I will always remember he had the smoothest voice, like a disc jockey.

He was featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines along with one of his black Mark VII LSC SE's. I still have the magazine here somewhere. One of his photo is featured in Michael VII LSC/SE's post.

Amen.
Old July 17th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

Drake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond repute
Fair winds and following seas my friend, you will be missed.

God bless you Art.
Old July 17th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Administrator

DaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond reputeDaKat has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, dear. He was a wonderful contributor here at Lincolns OnLine - I enjoyed his postings so much. We will miss him -
Old July 17th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

Drake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond reputeDrake_tr7 has a reputation beyond repute
Jack, if you could link us to his obit when it comes out, we'd be in your debt.
Old July 17th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Box Mod

gadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond repute
Farewell Art, thank you for all your contributions. You will be missed.

1991 Mark VII LSC

1984 Continental Turbo Diesel
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:00 PM
I can make it work.

CDW6212R is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayStreet View Post

We will all miss you Art, I appreciate your help and patience.

91 Mark VII LSC SE 3.73's, with a 9.7:1 347 ready to go in soon.
98 Mountaineer project Saleen bumpers/wing
99 Explorer Limited SOHC A4WD old mail vehicle
72 Ranchero Sport

Kill the IRS, give us the Fair Tax
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Lincaholic

Michael VII LSC/SE is a name known to allMichael VII LSC/SE is a name known to allMichael VII LSC/SE is a name known to allMichael VII LSC/SE is a name known to allMichael VII LSC/SE is a name known to allMichael VII LSC/SE is a name known to all
I think this is what you referred to Rick.

Re Art Bailey, his signature:
'84 TD base - Titanium Pearl Met Clearcoat, '86 BB - Med Sandlewood, '88 BB - Oxford White, '90 LSC-SE - Triple Black, '88 LSC - Glamor Blue Met Clearcoat, '88 LSC Stealth Black-T5WC-Addco & TC bars-Panhard-Dumps, '91 LSC - Oxford White, '91 LSC-SE - Electric Current Red Met Clearcoat, 91 LSC - Electric Current Red Met Clearcoat, '91 LSC-SE - Triple Black (Muscle Machines Magazine-July 2009) http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/...rs_guide1.html

Link http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/...ghlight=Bailey

link to article http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/...rs_guide1.html
91 LSC/SE, Electric Red Currant
88 Mazda MX6 GT
97 C2500HD extra-cab Mediterranean Blue -2nd driver
Lead or Follow, But Stay outa the Way
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:28 AM
That Moderator

OneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond reputeOneWayStreet has a reputation beyond repute
I knew he had quite a few. He just picked up one of the red cars.
Old July 18th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Lincaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake_tr7 View Post
Jack, if you could link us to his obit when it comes out, we'd be in your debt.
As soon as I see one, I'll post it or a link.
Old July 18th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Lincaholic

If anyone wishes to send a sympathy card/condolences card to Art Bailey's wife and family, here is the address :

Kathy Bailey and Family
135 East 1st Street
Paris, ID 83261

They had moved back to Idaho from California some time ago.

Thanks.

Jack
Old July 19th, 2013, 06:19 PM
ridin' with lady luck

95pres is a glorious beacon of light95pres is a glorious beacon of light95pres is a glorious beacon of light95pres is a glorious beacon of light95pres is a glorious beacon of light95pres is a glorious beacon of light
This is sad and shocking news. R.I.P. Art.
Old July 20th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Phantom Moderator

90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold
Our community has indeed suffered a loss.
Black on Black.
I want more power!

8 Time Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler
2003-2009, 2013
Old July 20th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Lincaholic

LJS30 has a spectacular aura aboutLJS30 has a spectacular aura aboutLJS30 has a spectacular aura about
My prayers are with his family.
Old July 20th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Lincaholic

Dave 92 LSC has a spectacular aura aboutDave 92 LSC has a spectacular aura aboutDave 92 LSC has a spectacular aura about
I can not believe I am reading this.
My deepest condolences to his family.

A man with such vast knowledge, not just in cars, shows that he was not just a great car guy, but a great man all together.
96 Mustang GT 'Vert
94 MB S500
98 Lexus LS400
73 Mark IV
98 LSC
-----------------------------------
92 LSC.
08 Lexus LS460
90 MB 420 SEL

http://myopenroads777.blogspot.com.

Old July 23rd, 2013, 02:34 PM
Lincoln Mark VII Collector

John Dancy will become famous soon enoughJohn Dancy will become famous soon enough
Post From the family of art bailey jr

FROM THE FAMILY:

Art Bailey Jr's services will be held on
July 25, 2013 1:00 PM at
Matthew Mortuary
702 Clay Street
Montpelier, ID 83254

After the services, we will meet at the Family's home,
135 East 1st Street
Paris, ID 83261

From home, we will go to Paris Canyon.

Please RSVP Phoenix at 208-852-6731 if you will be attending.

If you have any question please feel free to contact the Family on FaceBook or
Cheyenne Dimick at 208-705-1472 or
Phoenix Dimick at 208-852-6731 or
Kathy Bailey 208-317-9761
"Expearence is the abillity to reconise a misteak befor you mak it agan."
"PROGRESS ... NOT PERFECTION!"

1984(2)|1985|1986|1988|1990 Lincoln Mark VIIs
Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

markedman90 is a name known to allmarkedman90 is a name known to allmarkedman90 is a name known to allmarkedman90 is a name known to allmarkedman90 is a name known to allmarkedman90 is a name known to all
Unhappy

Hard to imagine. Does anyone know his age or cause of death? Whatever it was I certainly hope it was quick and painless.
I (among many surely) will miss his contributions.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
Lincoln Mark VII Collector

John Dancy will become famous soon enoughJohn Dancy will become famous soon enough
Post Art Bailey Jr 1953-2013

Art Bailey Jr 1953-2013

Art Bailey Jr, died late Tuesday the 16th of July at Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, Idaho after suffering a heart attack two days prior.

Art passed away peacefully, surrounded by his Family.
"Expearence is the abillity to reconise a misteak befor you mak it agan."
"PROGRESS ... NOT PERFECTION!"

1984(2)|1985|1986|1988|1990 Lincoln Mark VIIs

Last edited by John Dancy; July 23rd, 2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old July 28th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Wishing upon a four point star

Silver Cobra is a jewel in the roughSilver Cobra is a jewel in the roughSilver Cobra is a jewel in the roughSilver Cobra is a jewel in the rough
Cruise the universe, my friend.
2009 Pontiac G8 - Sold
Old August 16th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Lincaholic

LSRX101 is a splendid one to beholdLSRX101 is a splendid one to beholdLSRX101 is a splendid one to beholdLSRX101 is a splendid one to beholdLSRX101 is a splendid one to beholdLSRX101 is a splendid one to beholdLSRX101 is a splendid one to behold
Oh My, I was just checking in as I do every so often and I read this sad news.

Art and I only "spoke" a few times, but I have read, enjoyed and learned a lot from of his contributions to various forums here. Art was a very patient, helpful and knowledgeable Lincoln owner and LOL member. He always struck me as just a damn decent guy and I am truly saddened by his passing.
Old May 17th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Lincaholic

LincolnLines is on a distinguished road
Art, May you rest in peace, and the Lord welcome you with outstretched arms.
I hope family and friends are at peace in knowing he cruzes on in the highways in the sky.......
My condolences to you we all have already begun to miss him.