LincolnsOnLine.com

Home Forum Links Tech Rides Power Tour Gallery
Go Back   Lincolns OnLine Message Forum > Hot Rod Lincolns > Mark VII
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 25th, 2020, 05:50 PM
Lincaholic

Gibby will become famous soon enough
Turbo Diesel Mark VII

Found one for sale, I know there aren't many left so figured I would share...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...21582755703109

I don't drive a lincoln anymore, moved to an 89 LTD

Cheers!
Old October 25th, 2020, 07:43 PM
Box Mod

gadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond repute
Wonder if this was Art Bailey's old diesel. I know he had one, and he lived in Idhaho when he passed. His car had some extra gauges on the pillar if I remember right. I do not remember what color it was though.

As far as production, I think the Mark VII was about 2500, the Continental was 1505. I did see a Marti report on a diesel VII once that had the exact number for the VII but for whatever reason I didn't think to save the image from the ebay auction. I know the number for the Conti because its on my own Marti report.

either way they're interesting, weird cars. Not a lot of power, but they will roll along at highway speed without much fuss. Passing and acceleration is just not something you can do in a hurry though.

1991 Mark VII LSC

1984 Continental Turbo Diesel
Old October 25th, 2020, 09:33 PM

W.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud ofW.V. Kelly has much to be proud of
Smog exempt in California.
W. V. Kelly
Old October 26th, 2020, 06:54 PM
Box Mod

gadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond repute
The Cali models were actually slightly different. The injection pump had electronically controlled timing, same as all the BMW 524td sold in the US. The 49 state Lincoln and Euro BMW had the purely mechanical injection pump. I don't know how much difference it actually made in terms of smog or power output.

For all the precision and complication inside a diesel injection pump, the timing advance mech is actually really simple. Its a piston and a spring. As the pump spins faster it makes more pressure, which pushes on the piston and compresses the spring. Works almost exactly like centrifugal advance on a distributor.

1991 Mark VII LSC

1984 Continental Turbo Diesel