LincolnsOnLine.com

Home Forum Links Tech Rides Power Tour Gallery
Go Back   Lincolns OnLine Message Forum > Tech > Audio
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old October 13th, 2009, 07:59 PM
'95 Mark VIII

younglincoln is on a distinguished road
95 Mark 8 jbl wiring diagram needed

i was working on putting a aftermarket head unit and need a wiring diagram, can anyone help me out?
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Moderator, formerly "wannabe"

luxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to behold
I've got one in paper and no scanner, but I can tell you which wires are which colors. What do you need?
96 Mark VIII LSC *Suffered a career-ending injury 4/10*
87 Town Car Cartier *Retired 2/05*
88 Town Car Signature *Sold 12/06*
88 Town Car Signature *Sold 3/07*
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Lincaholic

Philip is a jewel in the roughPhilip is a jewel in the roughPhilip is a jewel in the rough
I have a Ford EVTM for 1997-1998, they may have changed some stuff up over the years but will be happy to look up some stuff too if you need it. There's going to be some difference on the main harness (as opposed to the line out one) because of the power antennas on the earlier cars, probably limited to the omission of one pin on the diagrams for mine.
Old October 14th, 2009, 06:02 PM

luxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to beholdluxuryrules is a splendid one to behold
Of note is the presence of a factory amplifier. Not sure what can/needs to be done about it since I've never done a stereo on one of these... but something tells me it's not quite plug & play with the factory stuff.
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:46 PM
'95 Mark VIII

well all the ones i found online, not one wire color was there, so i dont know whats power, ground, anything. asked at an audio store today and they said $40 just for a harness adapter.

looking for what the wires to the speakers are, whats power, ground, pretty much everything that makes up the two plugs in the back of the factory unit.
Old October 15th, 2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglincoln View Post
well all the ones i found online, not one wire color was there, so i dont know whats power, ground, anything. asked at an audio store today and they said $40 just for a harness adapter.

looking for what the wires to the speakers are, whats power, ground, pretty much everything that makes up the two plugs in the back of the factory unit.
That's about the going rate for those things. They're handy to have cause all you do is match colors and splice, then it's plug & play.

When I get back to the house I'll just punch up all the colors and wires and list them - but don't let me forget. PM me a reminder if you don't see it before tomorrow evening. But, like I said, there's a factory amplifier in the system, so I can't guarantee anything will work for it.
Old October 15th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Dereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond repute
Hi

If you need a job doing give it to a Town Car guy

Regards

Dereck

They eat cheap batteries like Dereck eats Little Debbies. - LSRX101
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:34 PM
'95 Mark VIII

ok good to go, well im going to have my buddies brother install it for me but the problem is hes 3 hours away and i was retarded and took apart the single row plug without thinking first and cant remember what order they go into the plug. so can anyone help out again and let me know the order they go in or just take a pic of it so i dont have to drive in silent? plan on leaving tomorrow evening. thanks guys
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:12 PM
'95 Mark VIII

ok well unless i read the diagram wrong, i might have, the wires still dont match. the wires for the single row plug are a thick black/green, black, blue, black/white, green/purple, white/purple, orange. im not sure whats going on with the colors but help.
Old October 16th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Dereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond repute
Hi YoungLincoln

The wire colors do not match up because you do not have a JBL system you have the base Premium Sound system.

If I remember I may post up the Premium Sound digrams later.

Regards

Dereck

Old October 16th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Lincaholic

CartierBear is just really niceCartierBear is just really niceCartierBear is just really niceCartierBear is just really niceCartierBear is just really nice
Try these

Last edited by CartierBear; October 16th, 2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old October 16th, 2009, 07:26 PM
'95 Mark VIII

well i figured it was because it says JBL on the component grills on the doors, oh well
Old October 16th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Lincaholic

CartierBear is just really niceCartierBear is just really niceCartierBear is just really niceCartierBear is just really niceCartierBear is just really nice
if you can get a pic of the harnesses?
Old October 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM
'95 Mark VIII

the plug is the same as the gray one above but with different wire colors
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:31 PM
...always flying too high!

Icarus has a spectacular aura aboutIcarus has a spectacular aura aboutIcarus has a spectacular aura about
Maybe this one will help, sounds like the right colors other than the orange?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg radiowires.jpg (31.3 KB, 104 views)

Sold: 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
4.6L DOHC; meter4it.com custom chase/sequential tail lights; 20" Giovanna Dalars; 4.30 gears; FRPP Track-Lok; SCT tuned; Baumann ReCal; Addco bars; Cobra brakes...

Sold: 1986 and 1988 Lincoln Mark VII. 1995 Mark VIII.

Always flying too close to the sun!

Last edited by Icarus; October 17th, 2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old October 18th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator

Hi

Regards

Dereck

Old October 19th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Lincaholic

Philip is a jewel in the roughPhilip is a jewel in the roughPhilip is a jewel in the rough
If you have the JBL logos on your door grilles, and they're the original ones, then you have a JBL equipped car. Then it is possible that someone swapped door panels on yours before now. Take a look in the trunk at the amplifier under the parcel shelf. It should have the JBL logo either molded into the metal housing or have it on a sticker label.

I'm pretty sure that the radio harnesses are the same whether JBL or Premium Sound. It's the speaker harness on the output of the amplifiers themselves that will differ since the JBL is bi-amplified into six discreet channels and Premium is just a four-channel amp.
Old October 21st, 2009, 10:26 PM
'95 Mark VIII

well i dont know whats going on with the wire colors cause it is the jbl setup, even the speakers say jbl, but with a test light i got it all figured out and working.

thanks for the help guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eclipse headunit.jpg (41.2 KB, 38 views)
Old October 2nd, 2018, 01:41 PM

MDG97LSC is on a distinguished road
Same for 97?

I've picked up a 97 LSC with the JBL 8 speaker system and about to install a Kenwood double din. Would the wiring be the same?

Blast from the past thread!
Old October 3rd, 2018, 01:27 AM
lincolnless

hrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to beholdhrmwrm is a splendid one to behold
this should work.
https://i.imgur.com/pjptA6T.jpg
Old October 28th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Lincaholic

jbl211 is on a distinguished road
I have the 97 conti with jbl all you have to do is get a amp bypass kit

https://www.amazon.com/Metra-70-5601.../dp/B0002BETAY

that kit will do everything and should come with a little chart that tells you what wire will connect to what factory colors.

a few are unused but this kit will deff work for what your trying to do.

Also has the 17ft antenna adapter and a remote wire aswell incase you plan on using an aftermarket amp at some point

All you have to do is run the harness down the side of the body trim to the back nice and hidden and neat you might have to take out the rear seat to get it in the trunk.

To get the lower part of the seat out you just have to push in the bottom till it unhooks one on each side so u will have to go on both sides and pop each one off then the back part of the seat just has 2 bolts holding it on. If your good u might beable to run the wires threw without taking the back part off.

once you get in the trunk you will wanna take down the upper trunk deck lid all of the radio units and or amps are usually located here.

Now all you have to do is unplug the factory amp speaker output plug from the control unit then plug that into your harness plug and your good to go.

Also be careful if you try to disconnect factory stuff a lot of times in fords like these fuel and other important things that make the car work are plugged into stuff up there so donot unplug anything but the speaker output wires and the antenna plug or your car might not run after.

Also word of wise double din headunits don't always fit in these cars 100% with out cutting plastic and modifying your dash.

Make sure the unit fits you don't wanna end up cutting into heater ducts and such I wouldent advise that.

I just went with a single din radio and used the scoshe dash kit everything fit pretty good hope that helps you.

Keep in mind if you buy the wrong wiring kit the most you will beable to do is get power to your headunit unless you run all new speaker wires from the doors to the headunit which is quite a pain.

Keep in mind there are no speaker wires behind the dash what so ever the headunit looking thing you are trying to rip out is called a control unit all it does is allow you to control the functions of the radio and disc changer the actual tuner is in the rear of the car

The factory wires are plenty strong enough to handle an aftermarket units power so no need to go crazy just bypass

Last edited by jbl211; October 28th, 2018 at 08:51 AM.