LincolnsOnLine.com

Home Forum Links Tech Rides Power Tour Gallery
Go Back   Lincolns OnLine Message Forum > General Topics > Lincoln Lounge
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old May 3rd, 2014, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Dereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond reputeDereck has a reputation beyond repute
Smile 98 Cadillac Seville Starter - I Found It!

Hi Guys

Came out of the pub last night after sinking a couple sherberts and my buddies Cadillac starter just went "Click", so we left it there and I gave him a lift home.

This morning after recovering his old jalopy back to the shop I pulled the starter (took less than half an hour) and was quietly impressed with the placement and compact design

Regards

Dereck

They eat cheap batteries like Dereck eats Little Debbies. - LSRX101
Old May 3rd, 2014, 01:21 PM
2014 Lincoln Navigator

mark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud of
RE:"I pulled the starter (took less than half an hour)"

Was that after the intake manifold was removed?
Old May 3rd, 2014, 02:51 PM
Phantom Moderator

90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold90LSC is a splendid one to behold
Well, that certainly puts a stop to crawling under the car with a tire iron and tapping the starter.
Black on Black.
I want more power!

8 Time Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler
2003-2009, 2013
Old May 3rd, 2014, 06:27 PM
lincolnless

hrmwrm is a name known to allhrmwrm is a name known to allhrmwrm is a name known to allhrmwrm is a name known to allhrmwrm is a name known to allhrmwrm is a name known to all
i've done a couple over the years on the northstar engine.
though i've never completely removed the intake.
new intake gaskets makes sure the job finishes right.
very easy to work on once the intake is up.
couple minutes in/out.

Last edited by hrmwrm; May 3rd, 2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 11:01 PM
Box Mod

gadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond repute
always thought that was a stupid place for a starter, nearly as stupid as a coolant hose in the same spot like other manufacturers did.

91 LSC SE, triple black, lots of miles

1984 Continental Turbo Diesel, lots of lunacy
Old May 4th, 2014, 01:17 PM
2014 Lincoln Navigator

mark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud ofmark95man has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
always thought that was a stupid place for a starter, nearly as stupid as a coolant hose in the same spot like other manufacturers did.
100% in agreement on that!
Old May 4th, 2014, 11:07 PM

W.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
Ya hafta put something in that wide 45 degree valley.

Seriously, while I agree with gadget, my sense is that in a FWD arrangement space is at a premium and getting the starter out of the lower crankcase position is a significant plus.
W. V. Kelly
Old May 4th, 2014, 11:46 PM
lincolnless

hrmwrm is a name known to allhrmwrm is a name known to allhrmwrm is a name known to allhrmwrm is a name known to allhrmwrm is a name known to allhrmwrm is a name known to all
Quote:
nearly as stupid as a coolant hose in the same spot like other manufacturers did.
or knock sensors, or oil pressure switches, etc.
i think they are all guilty of something like that at some time.
Old May 5th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Box Mod

gadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond reputegadget73 has a reputation beyond repute
you'd tend to figure a knock sensor doesn't go bad as often as a rubber hose though. If it was a steel line, I could forgive it.

91 LSC SE, triple black, lots of miles

1984 Continental Turbo Diesel, lots of lunacy
Old May 7th, 2014, 01:26 AM
lincolnless

i hear ya. most baffling for me so far was an oil leak on a 2011 hyundai.
engine oil dripping from the bellhousing. rear engine seal, you'd probably think.
took the transaxle down, and found a port that looked like the end of an oil gallery.
tapped and plugged. day later it's back, still leaking oil. not through the bellhousing now.
all came together in an epiphany. that was a weephole for the valley. pulled the intake, and replaced the oil pressure sending switch which was leaking.
you need just the right wrench to remove it.

oh well, you learn something new everyday of where designers hide things.
buggers should have to do a tear down and rebuild of everything they design once in production.
wanna see heater cores go from 12hrs to less than 2 to replace?
Old May 17th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Lincaholic

Michael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of lightMichael VII LSC/SE is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry Hrmwrm. "Is not their Yob!"

You wouldn't want to take someone else's income potential now would you? How else would they fleece some little old rich lady for a $ 3.00 part?
91 LSC/SE, Electric Red Currant
88 Mazda MX6 GT
Lead or Follow, But Stay outa the Way
Old May 17th, 2014, 10:24 PM

W.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to beholdW.V. Kelly is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.V. Kelly View Post
Ya hafta put something in that wide 45 degree valley...
90 degrees, of course. I must have been thinking subconsciously of a V-16. Sorry.
W. V. Kelly